Looking for Emergency care for your furry friend? Find the contact information for the closest emergency clinics below.
Please contact a local veterinarian or one of the emergency clinics listed below.
For assistance with transport to a vet office or emergency clinic, please contact Adirondack Pets – (518) 844-9379 Please note that Regional is not affiliated with Adirondack Pets, but they are the only local entity that offers this service.
Please note that Regional SPCA does NOT provide medical treatment – we do not have a vet on staff!
If you suspect your dog is having or has had a seizure, stay calm and keep him as safe as possible. After contacting your local specialist, you can visit Canine Epilepsy Resources for great information and tips on Canine Epilepsy. This is far more common than you would think and does not mean that your dog cannot live a full and meaningful life!
If you suspect your animal may have ingested something toxic, take a look at this list of substances not meant to be eaten by your dog or cat.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Apple seeds
- Apricot pits
- Cherry pits
- Candy (particularly chocolate—which is toxic to dogs, cats, and ferrets—and any candy containing the toxic sweetener Xylitol)
- Coffee (grounds, beans, and chocolate-covered espresso beans)
- Gum (can cause blockages and sugar free gums may contain the toxic sweetener Xylitol)
- Hops (used in home beer brewing)
- Macadamia nuts
- Moldy foods
- Mushroom plants
- Mustard seeds
- Onions and onion powder
- Peach pits
- Potato leaves and stems (green parts)
- Rhubarb leaves
- Tea (because it contains caffeine)
- Tomato leaves and stems (green parts)
- Xylitol (artificial sweetener that is toxic to pets)
- Yeast dough
This information was compiled from the Humane Society of the United States.
For a full list visit: Pet Poison Helpline
Emergency Care Clinics
|Capital District Animal Emergency Clinic (CDAEC)
222 Troy-Schenectady Rd (Route 2), Latham, NY 12110
Hours: 5pm-8am M-Th, 5pm F-8am M, 24hrs on holidays
|Veterinary Medical Center of Central New York
5841 Bridge Street, Suite 200 East Syracuse, NY 13057