Save a life and adopt a shelter pet!
Scroll down to meet all of our positively pawsome pups and cats!
Adopting a shelter pet from Regional SPCA is an easy process which will help you find the dog or cat that is perfect for you and your family. It involves finding out a little about you and your home, visiting with the animals and talking with one of the animal shelter professionals or their foster parents. After you have met and decided which amazing animal you would like to adopt, we will ask that you fill out an application. You can apply online or download a paper application at the bottom of the page. All applications must be completed in full in order to be processed.
Please note that we do not do meet and greets with shelter pets and home pets without an approved adoption application.
After your application is accepted, you can expect:
- To be called for an interview and a home visit will be scheduled at that time.
- To have a meet and greet scheduled if you currently own other pets. This will ensure that your family members will all get along with your new addition and can be done at the shelter if preferred. All pets must have proof of vaccination.
We do not do same day adoptions without a pre-approved adoption application!
The adoption fee is $195 for dogs, and $250 for puppies 6 months of age and younger. The adoption fee includes the spay/neuter, microchip, heart worm testing (our dogs are on heartworm preventative when they leave the shelter), Rabies vaccination, 5-in-1 vaccination (against canine distemper, canine hepatitis, adenovirus, parainfluenza, and parvovirus), Lyme vaccination, Bordetella vaccination, nail trim and flea treatment (if necessary). Puppies will also be wormed. Puppies are able to go home once they are 10 weeks of age.
The adoption fee is $125 for a cat, or $175 for a bonded pair. The adoption fee includes the spay/neuter, microchip, FIV/FeLV testing, Rabies vaccination, distemper shots, worming, nail trim and flea treatment (if necessary). Kittens are able to go home once they are 10 weeks of age. Please note that all of our cats, if any are available, are in foster homes!
Payment can be made by cash or check only and is due prior to or at the time of adoption.
Pilot would like to remind you why adopting a shelter pet is awesome.
1. It’s way cheaper than buying a puppy or kitten. Your new furry family member come fully vetted, fixed, microchipped, and ready to cuddle their way into your heart.
2. You’re bringing a super awesome animal into your life who will love you forever (more than they already do)
3. You making space for another animal that needs a safe space as they wait to find their home.
Want to apply to adopt one of these awesome animals?
We adopt on a "first come, first served" basis.
To be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older and have identification showing present address.
- Be willing and able to invest the time and money required to provide proper care for the animal. The estimated annual cost to care for a healthy pet is over $600.00.
- Be prepared to pay an adoption fee of $195.00 for dogs and $250 for puppies (6 months and under), and $125 for cats. Adoption fees are non-refundable.
- Consent to reference checks (veterinary and personal) and home visits.
- Complete application and sign required contracts upon acceptance of application. Foster-to-adopt (aka trial adoptions) are encouraged before finalizing an adoption.
- Understand that, if for any reason contractual obligations are not met, ownership of the animal will revert to Fulton County Regional SPCA, Inc. If for any reason the pet has to be “given up,” it is to be returned to Fulton County Regional SPCA, Inc.
- Submission of any application is not a guarantee of being approved to adopt any animal.
Please allow us two weeks to process your application.